Do you ever see comments from teeny-boppers on Facebook and wonder if it’s actually English? It today’s society, the new generations seem to abbreviate everything. It’s almost a secret code among all of them. If you are starting to get frustrated, and feeling old, trying to decipher what they’re saying, here is a list of some popular abbreviations along with their definitions to help you out. You’re welcome.
1. BAE: Chances are you’ve heard this one before, it stands for Before Anyone Else. It’s often used to describe your significant other.
Image Source Vi.sualize.us
2. HIFW: How I Felt When. For instance, the below image paired with “HIFW I just dropped my doughnut.”
Image Source Cmgdigital.com
3. On Fleek: Though not really an abbreviation, it’s still important to know. It’s definition means on point/done perfectly or near perfect. E.g.Your eyebrows are on fleek.
Image Source Ytimg.com
4. FOMA: Fear of Missing Out. E.g. I am super tired, but I’m having serious FOMO if I don’t go to the party tonight.
Image Source Telegraph.co.uk
5. Bye Felicia: In the Urban Dictionary, it states: “When someone says that they’re leaving and you could really give two shits less that they are. Their name then becomes “felicia”, a random bitch that nobody is sad to see go. [Their] real name becomes irrelevant because nobody cares what it really is. Instead, they now are “felicia”. “hey guys i’m gonna go” “bye felicia” “who is felicia?” “exactly bitch. buh bye.” This about covers it.
Image Source Rapgenius.com