15 of the most iconic photographs ever taken that demonstrate the heartbreak of loss, the immense power of loyalty and the triumph of the human spirit.
14. This sign at an awesome dry-cleaner’s has helped over 2,000 people who couldn’t afford dry cleaning.
13. Lillian Webber of Bettendorf is a 100-year-old woman who is committed to the cause of sewing dresses for little African girls. She made her 1000th dress just before her 100th birthday.
12. An 8-year-old boy accepts the flag of his father during a memorial service; his father was shot on patrol a few weeks before he was due to return home.
11. Australian ex-model, Turia Pitt, suffered 65% burns while trapped in a grass fire during a 100Km ultra-marathon she was taking part in. She lost her fingers and spent 5 months in hospital. Turia is now engaged to marry her long time boyfriend Michael Hoskin. And when asked whether at any moment he thought about hiring someone to take care of Turia and moving on, his reply touched the world; “I married her soul, her character, and she’s the only woman that will continue to fulfill my dreams.” He said.
10. This dog named ‘Leao’ sits at his owner’s grave -who died in a disastrous landslide near Rio De Janeiro. This is the second consecutive day that Leao has sat vigil.
9. Kamara, a keeper at the Lewa Wildlife conservancy in Kenya sleeps among 3 orphaned calves. The 3 calves pictured below (Nicky, Kilifi and Hope) are either orphans or in Nick’s case, blind.
8. A United States service man has been deployed and is finding it hard to say goodbye to his new born daughter.
7. Lily, an 11-year-old, wanted to help her grandpa and other Parkinson’s patients, so she invented the revolutionary 3-legged kangaroo cup to prevent spillage when taking drinks.
6. An orphaned Iraqi girl misses her mother. This is what she draws.
5. A soldier rescues a kitten during war
4. Beijing Subway owners now offer passengers the ability to pay their ticket fare by recycling plastic bottles. Not only is this initiative pocket-friendly, it also helps preserve the environment.
3. This man rescues a beached baby dolphin by carrying it back to the ocean.
2. Married for 64 years, James Burke spent his final moments laying out the future for his wife who has Alzheimer’s.
- Chicago Christians showed up at a Gay parade to apologize for Homophobia in the church.
//= do_shortcode('[placead from="contentad" type="below_article"]'); ?>